Information has risen about the next anticipated Halo Wars DLC. Robot Entertainment, the game’s developer announced recently that the Title Update #3 is going through Microsoft certification, and will be available in ‘the next few weeks’. However, although previously it has been known new maps will be available and a specific time scale has never been apparent, today it’s become apparent July 21st will see the release of the second DLC.
Titled ‘Historic Battles’, the new DLC will feature 4 new maps accompanied by the 4 achievements:
- Barrens (1v1 Map): Difficult terrain channels units into killing zones. The side that controls the Forerunner artifacts will have the advantage.
- Blood River (1v1 Map): Secure base locations on nearby cliffs overlook this naturally red-tinged river. The soldiers that fought over its two narrow crossings gave the river its name, which has since taken on a greater meaning.
- Glacial Ravine (3v3 Map): A snow-topped mountain range forms a natural barrier that cuts this region in half. Control of the two energy walls at the narrow central pass often determines the outcome of the battle, though clever use of the Sentinel Factories may play a role as well.
- Memorial Basin (2v2 Map): The high ground in the middle offers good cover for infantry, while the generally open terrain transforms organized battle plans into bloodbaths.
- Tour Coming Through: Hot drop 50 squads to your Covenant Leader in a single game on Memorial Basin (30 G)
- Never Leave a Man Behind: Finish a game with 5000 net resources contributed to your teammates on Barrens (15 G)
- Drain Cleaner: Kill 20 enemy squads with a continuous Covenant Leader Power on Memorial Basin (30 G)
- Killjoy: Disrupt 5 active Leader Powers in a single game on Blood River (25 G)
I play mostly 3v3 now, and Fort Deen is one my my favourite maps to play as one of my favourite leaders: Captain Cutter. Why? – Fort Deen is very much a Turtler’s heaven, the energy barriers provide impassable and highly defendable routes; the middle valley and the smaller bottleneck valleys just invite you to sit some counter units there and wait for a war.
Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for. Today the Xbox Live achievement list stated 4 new ones, revealing 3 new maps:
Tour Coming Through (30G)
Hot drop 50 squads to your Covenant Leader in a single game on Barrens.
Never Leave a Man Behind (15G)
Finish with 5000 net resources tributed to your teammates on Memorial Basin except in Deathmatch.
Drain Cleaner (30G)
Kill 20 enemy squads with a continuous Covenant Leader Power on Memorial Basin.
Disrupt 5 active Leader Powers in a single game on Blood River.
No clue to the player count on each map yet, but it could potentially be one for each game mode (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)